You certainly agree that the living room is one of the most important parts or elements of a house. Not only is it related to its function as a space to receive guests, but also because this space is usually the first area we access every time we enter a house.
A warm and comfortable living room but also beautiful in an arrangement is certainly the dream of today’s residents. Then what if you only have a small living room? Don’t worry, Kania has some nice design tips for those of you who have the desire to decorate a small living room!
1. Install a mirror to give a broad impression
You are quite familiar with the concept of installing mirrors in restaurants and coffee shops around you? Yes, the trick of using a mirror to give the impression of a spacious room is not something new.
2. Avoid buying a sofa chair that is too big
Although it tends to be considered to take up too much space, the existence of a sofa in the living room has become something that is practically mandatory.
3. Pastel & neutral colors are the most ideal colors for small living rooms
The choice of paint color for the size of a small living room turned out to be very influential you know. According to Kania’s observation, the small living room is not very suitable if it is paired with bold colors.
4. Add indoor plants for a beautiful impression in the small living room
The presence of plants in your small living room will certainly beautify the room. Suggestion Kania, choose green plants whose endurance is not too dependent on sunlight.
5. Maximize natural light with large windows
To create the impression of a spacious room, natural lighting is one of the most important considerations.
6. Painting or contemporary artwork to beautify a small living room
Is the ceiling roof or ceiling of your small living room included relatively high? If so, this design option from Kania can be one of the interesting choices.
7. Long-term investment with built-in furniture in a small living room
For those of you who need or want to have a lot of shelves but only have a small living room, you can use the built-in furniture.
8. Install the wallpaper to give a ‘different’ impression to the small living room
Previously, Kania had talked about paint colors that were ideal for small living rooms, this time Kania wanted to recommend the installation of wallpaper walls.
9. Note the layout of furniture and details in the small living room
In matters of structuring the house, every detail becomes very meaningful. One arrangement of furniture can actually make your small living room even smaller and closed.
10. Install the carpet without a pattern to give the impression of being spacious in a small living room
Installation of carpets in a small living room turns out to be able to get around so that space feels wider.